If you are looking for a great destination to take the kids this spring, the Myrtle Beach area is officially the place to be! Did you know Myrtle Beach was recently voted #1 in the 10 Best Readers’ Choice Poll for “Best Spring Break Destinations” by USA Today? Probably not surprising. But did you know it was selected by readers for its family-friendly atmosphere — a testament to the fact that the area can be both fun for families and spring breakers? Now that’s pretty cool!
The Myrtle Beach area is home to some of the most incredible attractions for kids and kids at heart! There is always something fun to do (when you’re not out playing on the beach, of course). Here are some tips for traveling with kids to make your spring (and/or summer) the best one yet!
9 Tips for Traveling With Kids
- If you are looking to save some cash (and who isn’t?) be flexible on your travel dates. Flying on off-peak days, like Tuesdays and Thursdays, often yields lower fares.
- If you are driving, pack a cooler with snacks, lunch, and cool beverages for the road. Think of the time (and money) you’ll save on your trip by planning ahead!
- If you have a long drive, leave in the wee hours of the morning. The kids will still be sleepy and by the time they wake, you can stop for breakfast and a bathroom break. Leaving early can help to avoid traffic and gets you to your destination at a decent hour, with time left to have some fun!
- Audio books are a great way to pass the time while traveling. Visit the library before your trip and stock up on fun, family-friendly stories to listen to in the car.
- Keep paper towels, wet wipes, plastic bags, and a change of clothes in the car (or carry on bag) in case motion sickness hits.
- If you’re going to be traveling through busy airports or crowded attractions with little ones, write your mobile number on your child’s arm in permanent marker in case they get lost. Or customize your own safetytat, a sweat-proof, waterproof tattoo made specifically for kids.
- In in each new place, don’t forget to designate a meeting point in case anyone gets separated from the group. Better to be safe than sorry!
- When vacationing, make lunch your big meal out. Restaurants usually offer the same food as on the dinner menu, but at lower prices. Plus the meal will be more enjoyable when the kids are not exhausted (after a long day of fun).
- Stick to a one-souvenir policy per child and set a price limit. This will deter them from asking for something from the gift shop everywhere they go, and they will choose wisely.
Spring is just a hop, skip and a jump away. So spend some vacation time with your family in the Myrtle Beach area, and see for yourself why we’re #1!
The sea, the sun, and the Grand Strand! Vacation Rentals of North Myrtle Beach, LLC, is a premier, full-service, licensed property management company in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Whether you are booking a reservation for your vacation or entrusting us with the management of your property, our professionally trained staff will ensure that all the details of renting the property are handled in a pleasant, stress-free manner. Call us today at 888-488-8588!
Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort, a division of Vacation Rentals of North Myrtle Beach, is just a hop skip and jump away from the beach and beautiful Barefoot Landing, and was built with golf in mind with four of the most amazing golf courses in the area. When planning your vacation getaway, Myrtle Beach Barefoot Resort will help you make the most of your visit to the Grand Strand. Call us today at 800-548-9904!